Maesteg: The End Of An Era

£9.00

David Gilbert Wright

First Edition 2022
Softcover, perfect bound
40 pages with 30 black and white photographs
263 x 210mm
Edition of 100

St Johns Colliery, Maesteg was opened by North’s Navigation Collieries Ltd. in 1910 on the site of the recently defunct Cwmdu Colliery. In the late 1920s it employed 1,480 workers. This colliery, the last deep mine in the Llynfi Valley, closed in 1985.
The photographs in this book were taken in the late 1970s.

In stock

Additional information

Weight 300 g